Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014...Happy New Year!


New year...new blog...first post!

My oh my! What a year it has been...I feel like I have just come to a sudden stop after a wild roller coaster ride! I have never been more ready for a new year, a fresh start. How about you?

2013 has really been a year of ups and downs. No doubt, there were plenty of blessings though. I am pretty sure the last 6 months have aged me..eh..10 years? If you read my other blog (stamperbythesea.blogspot.com) then you know I took on a full time job for the first time in about 8 years this past summer. I started the end of May and I just left that job a couple of weeks ago. THAT was an experience! Lets just say, having a husband that works out of town and three VERY active boys...I took on more than I could handle. I tried to hang in as long as I could and it was very stressful.  Very stressful. I didn't want to leave because I really love the ladies I worked with but my home life was hanging on by a thread. I finally had to make a change...for my family and my sanity.

I hardly had time for anything, much less stamping and other things I enjoy so much. It was absolute chaos. During all that, we were also looking for a new home. I don't even want to re-live that experience! We still have yet to find a home-matter of fact-we don't even know for sure anymore where exactly we want our home to be. So...our search continues. BUT I will NOT let it consume my every thought like I was doing. Talk about draining! 

I can't tell you how happy I am to be back home. Things are so much more calm. My kids love it - I have already seen such a change in their behavior. I have spent lots of time in my stamp room! I want to spend more time stamping - it is my therapy..seriously. And the cool thing is-my kids like to spend time in my stamp room with me! Matter of fact, my youngest is sitting on my lap as I type.

I am glad I went to work and had that experience. I used to always wonder if being at home was what I should be doing. Was I contributing enough? Should I be working since all my boys were in school now?Now I know without a single doubt! I am right where I need to be.

I am determined this year is going to be better. I know I probably said that last year but, seriously, I will not let things get to me like I have been. I will let things go. I admit, I'm a worry wort. I like to be in control. I am going to try real hard to "roll with the flow" (or is it "row"?). I need to let things go so they don't control me (because I can clearly see when looking back - I was never in control). I just want to enjoy each day, thoroughly. I want to focus on my family and myself. Enough putting my energy into things that don't matter.

I also really want to make my family's health a huge priority. Like , for instance, getting rid of all processed food and replace it with real, wholesome food only. This is a HUGE goal because, as you know, fast food and Wal-Mart are quite the convenience. I am totally spoiled. But it is time for a change - I am ready to feel better. I have been reading a lot about the health benefits of eating real food (not that it's shocking that pumping ourselves full of chemicals and synthetic hormones is bad for us...go figure!) and I am really excited to get my family on that path. I've already tossed the chemical filled products in our house and that has been great! That was my first step. Now I know changing our eating habits is going to be a  bit more challenging. I have been following 100 Days of Real Food, which is a fantastic website if you are interested. She helps you shop for whole foods on a budget and even has meal plans. I am looking forward to the challenge. 

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are as excited as I am to start the new year! What do you think of my new blog? I decided to start fresh here to. My old blog name was too close to another demo's blog name and I wanted something of my own. How much more of  "my own" can I get than my name? Pretty simple, huh? Just how I want this year to be. I hope you will visit me often here at my new spot. If you read my old blog, drop me a comment and let me know you found me! Also, go "like" my facebook page to as I will be sharing daily over there.

Here is to a new year! Bring it on 2014 - I am ready! This is going to be a great year. Enjoy and many blessings to everyone. Stay safe!







No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...