Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Masking Technique


I am back with another card using my favorite love stamp! I seriously think it's just the cutest thing! I CASED this card from Robin Feicht (Stamping Country). I loved how she created the moon using the masking technique and it is perfect for this sentiment.


To create the big, bright moon, you will need to take a scratch piece of paper and cut a circle out of it. I used my circle framelits (the 2 3/8 in. circle). Item # 130911


This creates a mask for you to lay over your card and stamp.


I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set (Item #130517) to stamp inside the circle. Once you've created your moon, lay the cut out circle over the moon and sponge around in with a few different colors to create the sky. When you remove the circle, you now have a cool looking moon! Cool, right?


For the gray moon, I did the same thing on my last card here. I used the Chalk Talk Framelits (Item #129983) to cut out the sentiment. And I love this sentiment!

Supplies used:
Paper: Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Smoky Slate (little moon)
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Love You to the Moon
Ink: Night of Navy, Island Indigo, Basic Gray, Real Red, Crushed Curry
Tools: Circle Framelits, Chalk Talk Framelits, Small Heart Punch
Pretties: Basic Jewel Rhinestones, Stickles (non SU), Red Ribbon (non SU)

*All of these Stampin' Up! supplies can purchased anytime in my Online Store!


Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have lots of plans this weekend. Last night I went to see "Lone Survivor". Let me tell you...if you go, bring lots of tissue! What a tear jerker. Gets you right to the core from the very beginning. Awesome movie. In fact, I am going again on Wednesday with my Hunny. He is still at work so I want to go with him when he gets home. I am anxious to see his reaction. It is different for the guys who have been there-I can't imagine. I love our troops...

Tonight I get to meet Molly Ringwald! Yep! I am going to her concert here in town and afterwards, I get to help her with her CD signing! So cool! I have watched all her 80's movies forever! I can't wait. Come back soon and I'll tell you how it goes.

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...